Tuesday 12 February 2013

030113; Food's a great healer.

Wae-yo!.

Snapped a picture in this ball of reflections thingy I saw at town.
Pretty kewl, innit?. Aint a huge Rihanna fan, but I thought it suited with the picture :'D
Also, about the hiatus, I am terribly sorry for it. I have no idea why, seems like when you have alot of free time in your hands, the more you will just not do something. When school was still on, I used to want to blog so much, and actually tried to keep up with the one-post-a-week thing, and probably kept up with it although I did miss a few weeks. But now that I'm on holiday, I guess I just took it easy. Sorry, about that. :(


Alright so around the first week of January, Mum brought the sister and I to lunch at the Grand Hyatt Hotel Singapore with her friends.




The group pictures!.
Mum prolly has a bigger circle of friends than I do hahaha :'D

There was this kewl room where there was only a chair and a telephone.
I picked it up and the person on the other end went "Hello, can I help you?" after a while and I quickly hung up :B
I guess our color code for that day was blue?.
Mum's friend helped to snap a picture.
O' my flashed out Lin.
Walked around to check out what they had!.
Turns out they served the flavours of Singapore, Indian/Malay/Chinese food.
Saw the desserts first!.
They had Mango, Durian, Soursop, flavors.
(And two others I dont recall.)
Kueh Lapis, Corn Custard, etc.
Indian section!.
Prata, Naan, Murtabak~
Satay!.
SAAAUCE!.
Drinks.
The jugs (vases?) were so huge I was almost afraid I might drop it lol.
 Naan Bread, Saffron Rice and the chickpea curry and beef.
I think?.
The Saffron Rice was really awesome, wish I took more.
 
 Hor Fun, the fried fish, Tofu, Satay.
Everytime I came to the satay station, other people grab my satays!. :(
So I grabbed what was left and ran away.
The Hor Fun was really really really good, that it left me craving for Hor Fun up to this day. :(
Anyone?.
Mum has been making remakes of the fried fish, so I dont miss it all that much.
Satay, though..who can ever get enough satay?. :7
Chikkin Rice was good too!.
The ratio of chilli to rice is just off, but this was yums as well!.
Chikkin rice is always good!.
The one in the bowl on the top was something so weird that I didn't actually eat it.
The one in the bowl on the right, I overestimated myself and took a little too much syrup, so it was too sweet.
I brought the Corn Custard home, tastes just like the one Mum makes!.
It was the first time I tasted Muah Chee and BOY WAS IT GOOD!.
It was like everything I loved about food, the taste, the texture!.
It's smooth chewy middle and the sweeet, slightly crunchy peanut coating~
UMPH, best thing EVEEEEEEER~!.
Toilet break, with the neccessary selfie shot.
Ezt and I found the Ice Kacang station!.
Muah Chee topped.
Huge Atap Seeds!.
Mango, Durian, Soursop!.
Waferised!.
Wore matching beanies with the sister!. :3
Headed to The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf after that as if we weren't full enough :B
 
Mmhmm, I think that's about it.
If yall have any good recipes for any of the food that I was terribly excited about, do email me the recipe!.
I'll draft my next post now just in case..
 
Du vet jeg elsker deg!.
Goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment